Magen Am is a non-profit organization dedicated to the creation of essential armed security teams within the Jewish community, comprised of licensed and trained community members whose purpose is to protect the lives of other Jews. Our mission is to train and empower the community to secure itself from within.
“The threats and violence waged against Jews around the world is growing at an alarming rate.
The ADL (Anti Defamation League) reports that in the last 5 years, the U.S. has seen dramatic increase in physical assaults, including the deadliest attack on Jews in U.S. history.
In a recent report, ADL notes “Assault, harassment and vandalism remain at near-historic levels in the U.S. The deadly attacks in synagogues in Pittsburgh and Poway have made American Jews feel more vulnerable than they have felt in decades” (ADL.org, “Anti-Semitism in the US”).
During the George Floyd riots in Los Angeles, Magen Am was called upon by the community to provide protection for Hatzolah personnel, as well as Jewish residences in areas experiencing extensive turmoil and destruction. We expect to be active again as unrest will inevitably continue after the upcoming elections.
• Extensive training in firearms use,
combative, security theory and de-escalation
• Volunteers who are community members, deeply invested in the security of their synagogues, schools and community
• Professionals who hold security guard licenses and firearm carry permits
• Full liability coverage for our security professionals and sites
• Gold standard training which exceeds state standards and that of other training organizations